Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Canadian

Toronto to Vancouver


"The Canadian" in Winnipeg
Toured the city of Winnipeg by foot in under an hour.

My travel companion

The first night sleeping on the train felt like I was sleeping in a high speed car chase. The train must have been speeding up during the evenings, because I felt like I was going to fall off my bunk bed. After the first day, I got more comfortable living with the train's movement. 

Many of the travelers on board were seniors, and retired couples. I was asked if my grandmother brought me along, and they were surprised to learn that I invited her. 

Ontario was filled with lushes green trees and lakes. In Saskatchewan, the grass was replaced yellow hay and flat for miles. Alberta had a combination of landscapes from flat green rolling hills to mountains.  
 
Saskatchewan 

Alberta
British Columbia

 

MORE Pictures at 


 
The food was exceptional!

 I would take the train again just for the food. Each day had a new menu. Some of the dishes were lamb, duck, Angus burger, salmon...click here for the menu description.

Jasper
 My train experience went by quicker than I imagined. I met people from all over the world. One couple mentioned that they were looking forward to traveling across Canada for 10 years. I would highly recommend taking the Via Rail, especially from Alberta to British Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment