Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sunshine Coast

1 Month in Oz

More Pictures
photobucket.com/leasie3

Video
youtube.com/leasieloo2012


Brisbane - Catherine (19years) from Richmond, England
From Byron Bay, I purchased a 3 month Greyhound Bus Pass to Cairns (one direction). I stopped in the Gold Coast/Surfer's Paradise which is similar to Miami Beach. I visited a childhood friend of mine who just flew in to start his studies at Griffith University.

As soon as I arrived at the Islander Nomads Hostel in Surfer's Paradise, I met Catherine. A 19 year old English girl traveling on her own. During high school, she volunteered to work in Africa with a group of students for 3 months. The village she lived in had no vegetation, and she had to eat bread and pasta everyday with vitamin supplements.

Next stop, Brisbane (Brizzy) for another night. Investigated the town, the Botanical Gardens, City Hall and store fronts. I liked Brizzy better than Sydney because it is smaller and people move slower, except it is further from the beach. I was happy to head north to a little beach town called Noosa.

Noosa, booked 3 nights and noticed they were looking for staff. I signed up to work for my accommodations for a minimum of 2 weeks.

Noosa National Park
Great hiking trails in and around the coast. I saw a koala sleeping in a tree.
Noosa is surrounded by national parks.



 

Sunshine Beach

Started my first shift today assisting the chef in the kitchen. I will be helping with some breakfasts (brekky), but mostly dinners, and yes...free food! yay! My supervisor is a Greek and German male surfer who makes his own tzatziki! I lucked out on the best job at the hostel compared to housekeeping.


Sunshine Coast Marathon

On August 26, I will be running a half marathon along the sunshine coast. With only 37 days to train I am challenged to run 21 km in under 3 hours (cut off time).


1 comment:

  1. Gap year training

    Gap Year training provide residential and day courses and resources to prepare for your gap year adventure and enjoy it! Safety, security, fire, cultural and language

    ReplyDelete